We sincerely thank our guests for their appreciation and support and are delighted to be recipients of the 2016 Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice Award and to be ranked 5th out of the top 25 B&B’s and Inns in Canada.
Rich in local history, Birmingham Manor Bed and Breakfast in Stratford, Ontario, is a charming Victorian heritage mansion, surrounded by stately trees and formal gardens. Our rooms are spacious and well appointed with new amenities.
The Manor is located in the heritage district within a short walking distance to:
- Stratford Festival Theatre & Tom Patterson Theatre (25 min-20 min walk respectively)
- Avon Theatre & Studio Theatre (12 min walk)
- Shopping (12 min walk)
- Restaurants (10-15 min walk)
- Shakespeare Gardens (6 min walk)
- Nature paths (8 min walk)
History: Colonel John Lant Youngs built the Manor as his personal residence in 1904. Not only was Colonel Youngs a master wood carver and contractor, he was also one of Stratford’s Mayors and a decorated officer during World War I. His workmanship is evidenced throughout the home including the quarter-cut oak woodwork and the fine detailing of the fireplaces.
- A Queen-Sized Bed
- Air Conditioning
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Free calls within Canada & United States.
- Ample Parking
- Gourmet breakfast in the formal dining room. Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Vegan options available.
- Complimentary bottled water and name brand soda in the guest’s fridge.
Guests are most welcomed to:
- Relax on our wrap-around veranda
- Take in the manicured gardens
- Delight in the formality of the parlour